- 1 cup raw cashews bits or halves
- 1/4 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2-inch piece of peeled fresh ginger root,sliced
- 1-2 hot green chilies, seeded and chopped up to 1/3 cups water
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander
- Combine the cashews,lemon juice,salt ginger and chilies 1/4 of cup water in a food processor fitted with the metal blade, or a blender, and process until smooth, adding more water as necessary to produce a loose puree.
- Transfer to a bowl, add the fresh coriander, and serve or cover well and keep refrigerated for up to 3 days.
Note: This chutney thickens as it sits.
- Thin it with water to the desired consistency.