For the 150 gms. boiled sweet corn kernels,
- 200 gms. processed cheese grated,
- 200 gms. potatoes boiled and mashed,
- 100 gms. capsicum cut into small pieces,
- salt to taste,
- 1 tsp. white pepper powder,
- ½ tsp. cornflour,
- 1 tsp. refined flour (maida),
- ½ tsp. oregano,
- oil for frying,
- 4 tbsp. breadcrumbs
For the batter:
- 4 tsp. maida,
- 1 tsp. cornflour,
- water as required.
- In a bowl, combine the cheese, potato and capsicum. Add the sweet corn kernels to the mixture.
- Add the salt, white pepper, oregano, cornflour and the refined flour. Mix thoroughly.
- Divide and shape the mixture into tiny balls. Set aside.
To prepare the batter:
Mix the maida and cornflour with sufficient water to make a thick consistency.
To make the corn cheese balls:
- Dip the corn cheese balls in the batter and roll them in the breadcrumbs.
- Heat the oil in a deep pan and fry the corn cheese balls.
- Serve hot with green chutney or sauce.