- 2 cups long grain rice (basmati)
- 2 cups milk
- ½ cup cream beaten smooth
- 1 tsp. Sugar
- salt to taste
- ½ tsp. Cumin seeds
- 3 cloves
- 1" cinnamon
- 3 cardamoms
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tbsp. Ghee
- 1 cup canned chopped mixed fruit (drained)
- 2-3 edible rose petals
- Wash and soak rice for 15-20 minutes.
- Mix milk, cream, sugar, salt. Drain rice, keep aside.
- Heat ghee in a heavy pan.
- Add cumin seeds, cinnamon, bayleaf, cardamoms, cloves.
- Allow to splutter. Add rice and fry in ghee for 2 minutes.
- Add milk, cream, mixture.
- Add 1/2 cup water. Bring to a boil.
- When boil is reached, cover and simmer till cooked.
- Each grain should be cooked, but separate.
- Mix in drained fruit very gently.
- Garnish by sprinkling finely broken rosepetals.
- Serve hot with a curry or tadka dal.