Mango Lassi is a traditional South Asian non-alcoholic beverage. In fact it is one of the most popular beverages in Northern India. Mango Lassi is also a favorite at Indian restaurants. This drink is a cross between a smoothie and a milk shake.
- 1 1/4 cups plain low fat yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup fresh mango pulp*
- 1/3 cup cold water
- 1 to 2 tablespoons honey or sugar (depending on how sweet you want it)
- 9 to 10 standard-size ice cubes
- Canned or frozen mango may be substituted
- If using a fresh mango, peel and remove the flesh from the pit; cut mango into small pieces.
- In a blender, add yogurt, lemon juice, mango pulp, water, and honey or sugar.
- Blend approximately 2 to 3 minutes or until you see a little forming in the mixture. Add the ice and blend until frothy! NOTE: Some people like to pour the mango mixture over ice cubes instead of blending the ice cubes in the drink.
- Makes 2 servings.