- 1 tsp. Ginger powder
- 1 Tbs. Fennel seeds
- 1 tsp. Shahjeera (cumin seed)
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tbs. Pepper, red, powder (cayenne)
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 6 cardamoms
- 6 cloves
- 1 bay leaf (Indian tez patta)
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp. Saffron
- 1 C. dahi (yoghurt), creamy (or sour cream)
- 200 gms ghee
- 1 piece hing ( safetida)
- 1 kg. Lamb, cut into large cubes
- Grind together the spices.
- Soak saffron in the dahi.
- Heat ghii and fry the lump of hing
- Add meat and sear on all sides, frying until well browned.
- Pour in the dahi and fry until liquid is absorbed.
- Add a glassful of water and the spices.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer, covered, until tender.
- Remove cover and cook until liquid is gone.