Tisreo Sukhem: Dry preparation of clam cooked in coconut masala in their shells
- 50 clams (1/2 shell)
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 ½ tsp Goan sambhar powder
- 1 cup onions chopped
- 2 slit green chillies
- 1 tsp jaggery
- ¼ tsp garam masala
- ½ cup coconut
- 30 gm tamarind pulp
- In a pan add the clams, ½ cup of water and the turmeric powder.
- Add the chopped onions and the slit green chillies.
- Simmer on a low flame till the clam meat starts leaving the shell.
- Add the chilly powder, jaggery, coconut, sambhar powder and garam masala powder.
- Finally add tamarind pulp and salt to taste.
- Cook till most of the water evaporates.