basmati rice - 500 gm
sultana (kind of small seedless raisin) - 10 gm
cashew nut - 10 gm
cinnamon - 1 piece (1inch)
cardamom - 3 to 4 nos. (green)
cloves - 4 to 6 nos
cardamom - 2 nos. (brown)
jaitri (mace) - 1 piece (1inch)
nutmeg (jaifal) - half
saffron: (keser) - 1\2 tsp
bay leaf (tej patta) - 2 nos
turmeric powder - 1\4 tsp
sugar - 100 gm
ghee - 4 to 6 tbsp
salt to taste
1. Wash rice and drain it .
2. Smear with turmeric powder and dry in a flat container for 1 hour.
3. Add ghee in a pan and fry sultana and cashew nut and keep aside.
4. In the same pan add tej patta and half of the whole "garam masala".
5. Now add dry rice into it, fry it for 5 minutes and stir constantly.
6. Add hot water into it.(Water should be double the amount of rice )
7. Add sugar, salt and cover it.
8. Cook it on low flame.
9. When rice is half done, add fried sultana and cashew nut.
10. Grind jaitri, jaifal, clove and cinnamon together.
11. Now remove fry and add saffron and ground masala into it.
12. Serve hot.